Friday, August 31, 2007

Summer Concert extravaganzas

On August 25 I played a gig in Whistler at the 'Campground C Country Music Festival' with Aaron Pritchett and earlier in the day Kelly Brock. What made the gig special for me was playing with my two of my oldest friends - drummer Chris Aiken and multi instrumentalist Lee Worden. We all went to college together (I've actually known Chris of over 30 years - we met in Kindergarten!) and these days the chances to play together are few and far between. Chris lives in Europe and is a successful musician/ producer over there. He came to Canada for a visit and ended up picking up a few gigs including this one with Kelly Brock. It was like coming home to play with them both again.

Also on the bill in Whistler - Spirit Of The West. Twenty five years into the band - they sound better than ever. One of Canada's finest - they put on a great show. Aaron followed them and I wish we'd gone on before them.

Aug. 27 - I played a gig at the PNE. After soundcheck I wandered over to the mainstage to watch Kenny Loggins. Fantastic band behind him and Kenny - love him or hate him as seems to be the way - is an amazing musician and singer/ songwriter. You have to recognize that.

Aug. 28 - Also at the PNE - Christopher Cross! Mr. 5 time Grammy winner in one year! Excellent band yet again and Christopher himself sang well and played some great guitar.

Aug. 30 - The New Odds .... essentially the old Odds with hew guitarist Murray Atkinson.... Murray Pat Doug and Craig made me fall in love with them all over again. Some old hits and a bunch of new stuff .... it's good to have them back...

No comments: