Friday, February 12, 2010

Feeling good in February!





I'm feeling a lot better. Thanks to everyone for your well wishes after my last post. I'm starting to eat soft foods (ice cream, applesauce, miso soup ....mmmmmm) and getting my act together. I am still getting lots of rest and taking it easy HOWEVER the other thing I have added into my day to day diet - gigs and sessions. Let me tell you something - music is GREAT for the soul. I was thrilled to be invited to The Armoury studios to play 5 days of sessions for various artists. Within those five days I came alive. The band (The Lyin' Bastards - Tom McKiliip, Jerry Adolphe, John Dymond, John Ellis and Jay Buettner) all commented on how much better I became between Day one and Day five. I ain't gonna lie - when I play music these days, I cry. I cry tears of joy. I feel great and I realize how much music is a part of my being. It enlightens everything in my life - my family, my friends, my city .... find the music you love and turn it up. Sing, dance, chant .... it'll make your world that much better.
I have gigs coming up for February! I play the Feb. 14 medals ceremony for the 2010 Olympics here in my hometown! The band is great - bandleader Ed Henderson, Jerry Adolphe, Darren Parris, Adam Rohrlick and some new friends - Neal (a great sax/ tabla player), AJ (sitar) and T (a DJ). It's a big multi cultural show that I'm really looking forward to. The great multi instrumentalist Daniel Lapp is also on the show. I've never played with him before but welcome the opportunity.
Also - there's a bunch of other great shows I get to do with One More Girl, John Lee Sanders and David Gogo among others. In between the gigs and my R&R, I'm finishing up Yvan Petit's solo record. It sounds terrific BTW.... can't wait for everyone to hear it.

That's it for now - go Canada go!

No comments: