Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Final Leg - Martimes - Johnny Reid Dance With Me Tour 2009






April 22 - Moncton NB
The DWM tour's third and final leg began with a bang at this great gig at the local arena. One More Girl opened up and received a rousing round of applause after the first couple lines of their hit 'I Can Love Anyone'. This was a good sign. The crowd did not dissappoint.

April 23 - St. John NB
The J train rolled in to the towm where he received his first ever CCMA award. Excellent gig and .... On a personal note ... The poached salmon was exquisite!

April 24 - Halifax NS
This was amazing. Four thousand fans attending made this gig truly special. The show began with two bagpipers walking through the crowd. I couldn't hear them through the cheering. Amazing. To make the day complete, Denis Dufresne bought me fish cakes from the Blue Nose cafe. Marc Perry from EMI bought me sea bass at the Five Fisherman. Life was perfect that day.

April 25 - Sydney NS
Traveling with One More Girl (I was helping with the driving of their minivan as both Britt and Carly are not old enough to drive a rental van), I bore witness to some of the most beautiful terrain Canada has to offer. The people in the Maritimes are the most charming down to earth people you'd ever want to meet. Cape Breton is a special place. Johnny brought up two of the coolest little ones onstage to 'jam' with the band... I've posted two pictures which I snapped onstage at this gig. Adorable.
On another note, the pub that catered the gig (I think it's called 'The Govenor' or 'The Grosvenor') blew my mind. Thai cous cous, blackened salmon and a pepperpot soup left me speechless.

April 26 - Charlottetown PEI
Carly and Britt lost their minds as we crossed over the Confederation Bridge.... A 13 KM engineering marvel which connects PEI with the mainland. The regal quaintness of this community never ceases to amaze me and I couldn't think of a better way to end the tour.


Thanks to all the local crews, the promoters, agents, catering, runners, drivers and other people I'm forgetting for helping out. Thanks to the GREAT fans for attending and keeping us working! Thanks to media for supporting it. Thanks to Britt, Carly, Tom, Linda, Denis, Marc and Fraser from the One More Girl gang. Thanks to our crew Ken, Warren, George, Gary and Alex. Thanks to the band: Chuck, Nick, Dave, Yvan, Ben, Miku and Saidah. Thanks to the Zen gang: Tracey, Brianne, Cathy,
and Mr. Sakamoto. And last but not least, a big thank you to Mr. Johnny Reid for giving me this wonderful opportunity to make great music and memories. Until next time.....

No comments: