Thursday, March 19, 2009

Johnny Reid - Dance With Me Tour 2009 Part 3





March 15 - Kingston - The Grand Theatre - SOLD OUT!

Kingston is a remarkable town. Home to The Tragically Hip, Don Cherry, Dan Ackroyd and many other Canadian ambassadors, it drips with charm and class. I wandered around the town and at one point I attained perfect balance in my life - the temperature was cool yet the sun warmed my face, Lake Ontario was glistening with the remains of the winter ice hanging onto dear life, the Americano I sipped was hot, and Donnie Iris' 'Ah Leah' found it's way into my IPOD. I ate some delicious Indian food and we had another great gig.

March 16 - Hamilton ON - Convention Centre

A big venue - ALMOST sold out .... a great gig (This is redundant. From here on assume all gigs are great UNTIL I tell you otherwise). The catering - oh my goodness - a lady named Michelle came bearing a bounty of culinary delights. Who says you lose weight on the road?

March 17 - Kitchener and/or Waterloo - The Centre In The Square

See above - exact same comments as Hamilton ..... HOWEVER tonight (and for the two nights afterwards) I am doing double duty - playing with Johnny and opening act One More Girl. This is exciting for me as Britt and Carly are two very good friends and a pleasure to play with.... young stars getting ready to occupy their place in the showbiz universe.

March 18 and 19 - Ottawa ON - The Centrepointe Theatre - SOLD OUT x 2

It was home court advantage for Yvan, Ben and Johnny who spent a lot of time here. I saw a lot of friends myself. It's a nice way to end the first leg of the Canadian tour. Home tomorrow - go to visit my Dad and Nana, write with David Gogo, play the Yale, do a session for Mr. Soren Lonnqvist and maybe do some laundry!

No comments: