Thursday, February 26, 2009

Barbados and The Leafs





Feb. 17 came and the first extended trip away from home began. From Feb, 18-24 I was to meet producer Randall Prescott and his wife / tremendous singer Tracey Brown for a business / vacation / gig type excursion to their vacation home in Barbados. My business can get pretty rough sometimes. In a stunning case of 'right place at the right time', Vancouver Comedy Fest president Will Davis was flying to Toronto on Feb. 17 .... the day of the first segment of my flight. I had nothing to do that evening. Will was meeting with some members of the Toronto Maple Leafs organization to discuss some business matters. This resulted in an unexpected invite for me to attend the Leaf's game against Buffalo. While the outcome was not as positive one for the Leafs, I did enjoy the game. Thank you Mr. and Mrs. B. for your generosity.
I flew to Barbados the next day and my mind was blown. The sun, the crystal clear water, the friendly locals, the food..... I met some great people from all over the world. I was especially excited to meet Inchiz and Bashment (The rasta man wit da rasta plan) .... two exciting hip hop artists.
The gig at Smoky's Soup Bowl Bar was rustic and a lot of fun.....thanks to everyone .... Randall, Tracey, Kaylen, Sophie, Breanne, Phil, Terry, Stevie, Lawrence and Jeanette, Michael Bolton, Orlando, Inch and Bash ..... until next time.... off to Toronto now to begin the 'JR' experience.....

No comments: