Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Tongue, the BCCMA and a session



So I've had this lesion growing on my tongue for the last few months. I had it removed at the advice of my doctor (I mean - of course....who wouldn't?). The lesion was about the size of a quarter. It was uncomfortable but not crippling. I went in on the 24th of October for day surgery. I had some general anesthetic administered and they went to work. I was home by 1:00PM that day. I had the rest of Friday and Saturday off to recover.
On Sunday it was time for the annual BCCMA awards show at the Red Robinson Show Theatre in Coquitlam BC. The Lyin' Bastards were called to order and we assembled for the performance. We were fortunate to perform with some of BC's best (as well as some great out of towners) - Deric Ruttan, Art Pruce, Ginette Genereaux, Jordan Doell, Sandra Wainwright, Kelly Brock, George Canyon, Fera, Ridley Bent, Aaron Pritchett, George Canyon, The Higgins and Jessie Farrell among others. The show went great. I went straight home and resume recovery. I had my Monday off which was nice.
It's Tuesday now and I'm feeling good. I'm at the Armoury Studios right now doing a bed track session for three artists - Sheila Deck, One More Girl and Fera.In the meantime the doctors are going to biopsy the growth to see if there are any other concerns .... I'm sure they'll find nothing out of the ordinary.

1 comment: